What You Need
- Cooked, sliced gyros meat - (6 ounces Olympia Gold Label Gyros)
- Pita bread - (1) 7" Olympia Original Greek Pita
- Olive oil
- Tomato, thinly sliced for sandwich, wedged for plate
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Tzatziki sauce - (2 to 3 tbsp. Olympia Tzatziki sauce)
- Greek olives
- Feta cheese - (3 to 4 small cubes feta cheese)
- French fries
- Flat-top grill or large non-stick skillet
- Parsley (optional)
- Cucumber (optional)
- Lemon wedge (optional)
1. Brush bread lightly with oil on both sides and grill until soft and slightly browned.
2. Lay pita flat on foodservice wrapping paper.
3. Add a good portion of gyros meat (about 6 oz.) down the middle of the pita bread.
4. Add 2-3 slices each of tomato and onion and two tablespoons of Tzatziki sauce.
5. Using the paper as a guide, roll the pita into a cone shape.
6. You are almost done. Add french fries and your gyros sandwich is ready to plate and serve.
- Use flat pita bread and not pocket bread. It will wrap easier and hold better.
- Don't skimp. The Gyros is known for its abundance so don't be afraid to pile it on.